The PlayStation 4 controller connects to the console via Bluetooth, without the need for any wired connection (except to recharge the battery). You would then imagine that connecting it to your computer is an equally simple task. But unfortunately, this is not the case.
Can You Use a PS4 Controller on PC
Although some games already offer native support for DualShock 4 (the PS4 controller), there are still games that can not recognize the control if you simply plug it into the computer. Theoretically, if you use Steam to start some game on the PC, Steam will detect the control; even so, in some cases, it does not work.
Fortunately, however, there is a program that can be downloaded that makes the control work for PC games even in these cases. It is called DS4 Windows and, in short, it bridges your control and your computer. With this, you will be able to make DualShock 4 work with even more games. Here’s how to do it.
- Download DS4Windows through this link. Just click on “DS4Windows.zip.
- When the file finishes downloading, open the folder and select the file “DS4Windows.
- You will need to choose where the program data will be saved. The most practical is simply to click on “Program Folder”.
- You will now need to download the DS4Windows driver. To do this, just click on the first option. The download and installation will be done automatically.
- Connect the control to the computer using a USB cable. It should appear in the program menu under the “Controllers” tab. If this does not happen, restart the program by keeping the control connected.
- Now, yes, the control should appear. Keep in mind that it is necessary to keep the program open for control to work.
Here is guide about How To Hook up Ps4 Controller To Pc.